Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thankful

My intent when I took this photo was to capture the new
growth (green) pinecones and the spirea just below...
the sun was an unexpected surprise.

I have been lacking purpose and feeling useless, mostly due to the fact that I was insane enough to reopen my business. I look at this photo and for a moment whatever cares or worries I have are carried away and almost forgotten. However, it also lends itself to a pensive mood, which leads me to being "thankful".

I am thankful to have been able to take this photo and all the other photos I have posted on this blog, in light of the fact that I had lost my eyesight for a period of time, and it took a few years, several treatments and a couple surgeries to get some of it back.
I am thankful that my mom was around to help me out while I was going through that.
I am thankful for this medium, and the three people who have looked at my blog and commented.

ps: I know, I know - this is the most personal post I've done thus far. Chalk it up to human frailty or hormonal imbalances.

No comments: