Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who is Sidney Crosby?

Who is this guy?
You must bear with me as I have not watched TV for the better part of 8 years now. I stopped watching hockey when the Canucks sold out Trevor Linden back in the 90's and traded for Messier (gak). I did, however, go online to watch the Olympic coverage this year, as any right-minded Canadian would. I never would have known who Sidney Crosby was if he hadn't scored the beautiful game winning goal in the Gold medal game vs the USA. Well, not quite - I did Google him at some point during the Olympics. But why am I posting this now? Because, I just happened to go online today to check out current events, and well, sports.... uh... hockey... and saw this.....published by Michael Traikos in the National Post - "It isn't easy getting a laugh out of Sidney Crosby, but you get so much else." The article starts off - "Pittsburgh - There is talk that Sidney Crosby lacks personality. That he is bland. That he is a machine that has been programmed to play hockey and speak in mild monotones." How can you tell that I am Canadian? Because I am going to start by saying "I'm sorry." From what I have gathered, this guy is only 22 years old, he works hard and he cares about what he does and the way he does it. He conducts himself in a professional demeanour on and off the ice. Sure he has talent, but he didn't accomplish all that he has thus far at such a young age on talent alone. Discipline, strength, determination. I don't know him, but I am proud of him and I hope that he can remain as grounded as he is. As far as lacking personality and being bland? That is how I appear as well, except I don't have 20 microphones jammed in my face after work, and heck, I'm not as cute, or talented, as he is. Hey, I'm sure that when he is with family and friends, his personality shines.

No comments: