Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, February 17, 2017

Burn your burkha

 
There should be a "Burn your burkha for Farkhunda" Day.
 
Burn your hijab, niqab, chador or whatever else the f*** there is... for Farkhunda.
 
No, I'm not a hater. I have no religious affiliations. I am not an atheist.
 
Whether it be a hijab, niqab or burkha... burn it... publicly... and stop wearing them. I can guarantee you that there are countries that women just could not do it. Not for fear of death, but because if would BE death. Women who have moved abroad... you had the ability to MOVE abroad in the first place. But it is a sign of modesty, or religious faith you argue? Right... so you cover your head or body as a sign of modesty, yet you wear makeup... eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, eyebrow pencil, you name it... To that I say... I am one hundred percent certain that she was more faithful to her religion than you OR the men (and I use that term loosely) who stoned, stomped, murdered and burned her.
 
Yes, I'm a little late to this party, and I've been thinking about it for a while. What to say, whether or not I should say anything. But you know what? The thing is I... me... little old me... I CAN say something from this little corner of the internet.
 
Disclaimer: There is a hint of sarcasm to this post. It is directed to women in "westernized" nations. Please don't if your life is truly at risk.

No comments: